Calcutta University Distance Education

Calcutta University Distance Education, www.caluniv.ac.in:-

Calcutta University Distance Education:- The Calcutta university  is a public state University located in Kolkata. Calcutta university  was established in the year 1857 by the government of West Bengal. This university is affiliated by NAAC (National assessments and accreditation council) and UGC (University Grant commission). This university has 136 affiliated colleges and many educational institutes. This university offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in various disciplines like arts, commerce, management, agriculture, law, education etc. This university also offers distance education in various streams.

Calcutta University Distance Education:-

Calcutta University Distance Education

The Calcutta university offers distance education through post graduate and undergraduate degree courses in various fields. The main purpose to offer distance education courses is to regulate the higher study and reduce the dropout rate at graduation level. This university conducts annual and semester examination for degree courses offered by this university. This university provides best study material to the students. The study material provided by this university is prepared by experienced faculty and university staff.

Calcutta University Distance Education Admission:-

The Calcutta university publishes the notification of application form to get admission of the students in various degree courses. This university conducts entrance test to provide the admission to the students. This university organizes the degree courses every year and conduct an entrance test. This university also provides direct admission in some degree courses. The admission is provided on the basis of academic merit. You had to submit all the required documentation at the time of admission to the university. To get more details about the university admission process you may visit the official website.

Calcutta University Distance Education Courses:-

Bachelor degree programs: The Calcutta University offers bachelor degree of the duration of 3 years in Arts, Science, technology, management field.

• BA- Bachelor of Arts
  • BA.LLB –Bachelor of Arts in Law (5 years integrated program)
  • B. Ed – Bachelor of education
  • B. Com- Bachelor of commerce
  • B. Sc- Bachelor of Science
  • BSC- Bachelor of science in Bio group
  • BCA – Bachelor of Computer application

Master degree programs: The Calcutta University offers the master degree programs of 2 years time duration.

• MSC – Master of science in agriculture, botany, Chemistry, geology, Physics, zoology, MSC- Master of science in biotechnology
  • MA – Master of Arts in Arabic, Bengali, Economics, Persian, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, English
  • M.Sc. – Master of Science in  (Ag.) Plant Protection
  • MCOM –  Master of Commerce
  • M. Phil. – Master of philosophy in Philosophy, Social Work, Sociology, Botany, Economics, Education, Social Work, Zoology
  • LLM – Master of law
  • M.Ed- Master of Education
  • MBA- Master of business administration in finance
  • M.Tech- Master of Technology
  • MCA- Master of computer application

Doctoral degree course

• Ph.D -  Doctorate in philosophy in Agriculture, Hindi, Philosophy, Social Work, Zoology, Botany, Economics, Education

Contact information of Calcutta University:

Address:-

Calcutta University

Senate House,

87 /1 College Street,

Kolkata-700 073

Telephone: 033 22410071

Email:admin@caluniv.ac.in

Official website: www.caluniv.ac.in

Calcutta University Exam Schedule

Calcutta University Results 2013

1. hiralal chowdhary says:

I am 48 years old and Passed HS in 1985 now I want to do B.Com .
    Can I do ?

2. Mahuya Mukhopadhyay says:

I am 35 years old and passed Bsc (pure science) in 1996 now i want to do msc. can i do?

3. Moushumi says:

What are the fees structures for BCA in the calcutta university (distance education)

4. RAMESH PANDEY says:

I HAVE PASSED B.COM FROM ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY, A 03 YEAR DEGREE COURSE WHICH IS EQIVALANT TO HONS; AS AU WAS NOT PROVIDING HONS. DEGREE, IN THE YAER 1996 & DSW FROM CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY IN 2000 AND NOW I AM EGGAR TO DO MASTER DRGREE – SOCIOLOGY / POLTICAL SCIENCE FROM DICTANCE COURSE FROM CU.

PLEASE GUIDE / SUGGEST

• BISWANATH RAHA says:

I did my graduation long back in the seventies from the Calcutta University in science.
      I want to restart to do M.A. in Political science through distance education programme.

5. rajkumar biswas says:

i have passed h.s in the year of 2006. and now 2013 i want to complete my degree course (distance) can i do it..

6. durai says:

how can i apply for BA HISTORY course and fees structure

7. Sourabh Halder says:

I am SOURABH HALDER 22 years old and passed HS now I want to do B.SC (Economic honours)in the Calcutta University (Distance Education). Can I do it?
    And send me by mail free structures of B.SC (Economic Honours)

8. Paramita Barik says:

i shall be highly grateful if you kindly inform me about M.Ed course in distance education of calcutta university.
    and how can i apply this???

9. Kunal Goswami says:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am 27 Years old B.COM(HONS)Graduate….I did My Graduation in the year of 2006.
    Now I want to do Geography Hons courses. So I just want to know is it possible or not.
    Also regular courses will not be possible for me because I am working in a private sector.
    So if there is any way please suggest me and please guide me that how can I apply for this

Thanks & Regards
    Kunal Goswami

10. Surojit Dey says:

How many fees of M.A in education?

11. suman dey says:

Where to get admission for BA course ? Not getting any information about admission.when is last date for admission ? Where to be collect amission form ?

12. partha debsharma says:

COULD YOU PLEASE SUGGEST SOME DISTANT LEARNING EDUCATION UNDER CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY FOR M.COM?

13. Amit das says:

hello Sir,
    I am Amit Das. I ma A passing From The Indian Collage of Art & draftmanship.(1st class on B.F.A). Affilited to RBU. Sir, could You Suggest Distance Learning education under Calcutta university for M.F.A. My Contact No. 9681195330. E Mail- amitdas2302@gmail.com

14. kaushik Roy says:

Respected Sir,
    I have passed BA part I from CU in the year 2006 but unable to continue with my studies then after. Now I want to complete my BA….. is it possible now. Please provide me details.
    Regards
    Kaushik

15. Sourav says:

i want complete m.a in history from calcutta university (corespondence)
    plz give the proper information.

16. Deepik Patra says:

I have completed my B.A. in English from N.D. College under Calcutta university with 41% marks.can i do M.A. in English from calcutta university distance education? If i can then tell me about the centre and the admission date.

17. chandrani says:

i have passed ba (gen) 46% from cu can i apply cu for ma ?

18. rini deb says:

I passed B.SC,(eco),in 2009.(C.U). I want 2 complete my P.G. course. when form given & where? please inform me,

19. V inod Gautam says:

i am 10+2,with science, Now i want to a diploma in homeopathy
    9896096421

20. himanshu sen says:

sir, m.com ar distance education a admission ar time jantai parlay valo hoto.

21. Munmun says:

Respected Sir/Madam
    I passed out ISC in the year 2009 with Arts. I scored 73% all over.
    Then I took admission with English (H) under Calcutta University.
    Due to some problem i could not complete my Graduation.
    Now its 2013,is it possible to continue it through Distance under Calcutta University?
    Please Reply…..
    I am very Tensed about my future…..
    In the mean time I did
    Diploma in Photoshop.
    Diploma in Basic.
    Now pursuing Web Designing.
    But i want to be a Graduate.
    Please Help Me out………

REGARDS
    MUNMUN…….

22. i am meena says:

i have completed my B.com(pass) in 1998. i want to do M.com. pls suggest the how should i go about it. i am in mumbai right now for the last five yrs

23. Sibamay Mandal says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have passed HS from under west bengal board in 1982. Later passe BE ( Aeronautical). At present I am jobless and want to do B.Sc(Physics) and M.Sc( Physics) through distance education under Calcutta University. My age is 49 years. Can I do now?

Thanks
    Sibamay.

24. Swathi Chatterjee says:

Respected Sir/Madam,
    M.A. Sociology distance education-er admission form kobe dewa hobe? Pls amake janale khub upokrito hotam.

25. kyamaliya das says:

m.sc in economics through distance education is that possible from c.u?

26. Sonia Ghosh says:

I Passed HS UNDER WEST BENGAL BOARD 2006.I WANT TO DO B.A THROUGH DISTANCE EDUCATION UNDER CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY. MY AGE IS 25 YEARS. CAN I DO?

27. Sriballabh Sethy says:

Sir Namaskar.I have passed B.Sc from EIILM University Sikkim.May I take admission into B.Ed course
    through distance mode? kindly mail me regarding this.

28. sharmistha says:

dear sir,
    i did complete my Part -1 exam in year of 2003.Now i want to complete last year of B.COM.
    is it possible?

29. sabdendu sekhar mishra says:

Respected sir
    i have passed m.a,B.E.d. and have been wored as a primary teacher.so i want to do m.ed …how i will admission in your university
    please inform me ..

30. bijaya says:

i have completed mca from sikkim manipal and bca from wbut ,my subjects were education,philosophy,political science and computer on higher secondary…
    but i dont know that on which subject con complete my bed degree…

31. samapika dey says:

respected madam/sir,
    i need the information about BCA in distance education

32. Adwitiya Sarkar says:

Respected Sir/Madam

In your site it is given that c.u have distance courses. bt unfortunately when i asked about that by phone they confirmed there is no such course in their university. Please confirm about.

33. priyanka roy says:

i want to pursue master degree in economics in correspondence or through distance learning. is the course provided by calcutta university? what is the admission criteria or eligibility?

34. Baidurya Chatterjee says:

Respected Sir/Madam,

I have done my B.Tech in CSE in 2012 in the Institute of Engineering and Management(IEM),Sec-V, Kolkata under the West Bengal University of Technology(WBUT) followed by MBA(FINANCE) from the same college under the same university in 2014 in regular courses.I am in my last semester in MBA now and I want to pursue M.Tech in distance learning education in CSE immediately from the next education session.Henceforth,I want to know about the details regarding the eligibility and the process of enrolling therein.A reply in line would be highly appreciated.

yours sincerely,
    Baidurya Chatterjee
    (baiduryachatterjee18@gmail.com)

• Hello

If you want to do M.tech then you admission will be decided on the merit list. if you want to get more information about the admission then you can download course offered list from the official website of the university.

35. Farzana Anjum says:

I am a teacher in the Plus two level. I have completed M.Com and M.C.A. from IGNOU and B.Ed from the same. I am interested in the Distance learning course offered by CU. I want to know the details of M.Ed course. The fees , the admission procedure and the course duration. Will the course hold the same value as regular M.Ed rfom CU.

36. Meghna Bose says:

I am currently doing CA and have completed BCOM in 2012. Can I do MCOM now ? Please advice.

37. rahul m says:

i am distcontinuing my bsc after part 2 from cu 2 yrs back.
    i want 2 start that again .
    what should i do?