Gauhati University Distance Education

Gauhati University Distance Education, www.gauhati.ac.in:-

Gauhati University Distance Education:- The Gauhati University is the first university of North-East India, located in Guwahati, Assam, India. It was established on 26 January 1948. The University is situated to the west of Guwahati City. This University has 239 affiliated colleges. This university offers the bachelor degree and master degree programs in various fields such as computer applications, science, arts, commerce and management. This university also offers the postgraduate diploma for 1 year time duration. This university provides the admission through conducting written examination. This university provides placement through campus recruitment. Many best companies visit the university for campus recruitment.

Gauhati University Distance Education:-

Gauhati University Distance Education The Post Graduate Correspondence school ( PGCS), Gauhati University was established in May, 1998 with the objective to help the vast number of students who, due to a limited number of seats in Postgraduate Classes or for other reasons cannot enroll themselves as regular students of the University. The Post Graduate Correspondence School, Gauhati University is functioning under a Management Board constituted by the University authority. The PGCS aims at providing an opportunity for these students to obtain a Post Graduate degree of the Gauhati University through the mode of distance education. This university provides best study material and also organizes workshops and seminars.The degree from PGCS shall have the same standard and status as the regular Post Graduate degree as the syllabi for the two courses are the same.

Gauhati University Distance Education Courses:-

The Gauhati University offered 3 years bachelor degree programs and 2 year master degree courses and 1 year postgraduate programs. All the courses are mentioned below:-
Under Graduate and Certificate Courses

• M.A. In Political Science
  • M.A./M.Sc in Mathematics
  • M.Com
  • M.A. In Philosophy
  • M.A. In Bengali
  • M.A. In Bodo
  • Master in Communication & Journalism (MCJ)
  • MA in Nepali
  • M.Sc -IT
  • Master of Computer Application (MCA) 3 Years
  • Master of Computer Application (MCA Lateral) 2 Years

Post Graduate Diploma Courses

• P.G. Diploma in Sales and Marketing Management [PGDSMM]
  • P.G. Diploma in Human Resource Management [PGDHRM]
  • P.G. Diploma in Business Management [PGDBM]
  • P.G. Diploma in Computer Application [PGDCA] – revised Syllabus
  • P.G. Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication [PGDJMC]
  • P.G. Diploma in Financial Management [PGDFM]
  • P.G. Diploma in Banking and Financial Services [PGDBFS]
  • P.G. Diploma in Insurance Management [PGDIM]

Gauhati University Distance Education Admission:-

For taking admission in Gauhati University you have to regularly check its admission notifications on its official website. Gauhati University offers various under graduate and post graduate course of different fields. Gauhati University released an application form in its admission process. The fees of this application form is Rs 350/-. Those candidates who are interested in taking admission in this university have filled this application form and send it to the Director of the university.

Contact Information of Gauhati University:-
Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL)
Gauhati University
Gopinath Bardoloi Nagar
Guwahati -781014.
Official website: www.gauhati.ac.in

Gauhati University Results 2013

Posted in Distance Education Tagged with: , ,
37 comments on “Gauhati University Distance Education
  1. Biswajit Dutta says:

Can I do Distance degree education of M.coM UNder Gauhati university..And Application form fees and Date..??and the etc. colleges too under G.U. For distance education facilities.. contac 9957007007

• Biswajit dutta,
      You can get all the details related to distance education, course fee and application form on the official website of Gauhati university.The university take an entrance test to get admission of the students. You can get in this university by clearing the written exam.

2. seewoosungker vidiasagur says:

sir,i want to get enrollment to pg MA philosophy via correspondence.please help,thanks and send details about fees and payments methods.

3. Wali Ahad says:

I passed hs exam in this year & i want to study Guwahati University BSC courses..
    So how can i apply? Where i found application form?
    My home town in Karimganj.Assam ..
    Sir please help me.

4. Abul akher says:

I pass hsc in science stream from west goalpara college so i want to take B.sc in maths honour from idol can i take sir kindly rply

5. mintu kalita says:

sir i have completed my bsc it degree from sikkim manipal university at a percentage of 65. sir can i get msc it admission in guwahati university

6. bijay kro says:

Want to know about MBA courses at GU IDOL

7. Utpal Rajbongshi says:

I am a student of Jorhat Engineering College. I have very interest in mathematics so i want to do B.Sc. parallaly with my BE course taking maths as a major subjct..Can i do bsc in distance study pgrm though i m still a stdnt of BE course??

8. jit sen says:

CAN I DO DISTANCE M.COM IN BANKING AND INSURANCE SPECIALTY COURSE??

9. Mausumi Sharma says:

Hi ! Is there any English language course under the distance learning mode?

10. babli ghosh says:

i want to know admission date for the session 2013

11. Arpan says:

I want to take addmission Ma in political science. I want to know addimmission time and adimission details.

12. Rimi Dey says:

i want to take admission MA in economics. i want to know the day of classes.

13. Bikram Saikia says:

Sir, i have passed B.a 1st year from gauhati university but i couldn’t complete graduation, can i take admission in 2nd year through IDOL???

14. D. Angami says:

i did my M.A (history) from your university (idol)in the year 2008. i wan to pursue further study so can i continue to do my PH.D from your university

15. raju roy says:

When MBA will start under gu IDOL ??

16. jaap says:

Does idol college provide regular course for m.a pol sc

17. Kh. Premjeet Singha says:

I did my B.Sc IT from IDOL Mumbai University, but i have not completed my last year, and do have ATKT in three subjects for the 3rd semester but have cleared out my 4th semester. Can i clear my ATKT of 3rd semester and also complete my last year of B.Sc IT in Guwahati IDOL. I took admission for Second Year B.Sc IT in 2010-2011 session. {please do notify me at my mail ID cuttingprem@gmail.com or can text @ +91- 8254814959}

18. kaka says:

sir, can you please kindly tell me what is the exact amount of money required for m.a late admission? and can you tell me whether i can take admission in ma in edu., as i have done my graduation with geo.major.

19. Papu Saikia says:

I have completed B.com (Accountancy) in 2012, I want to do M.Com But I am doing a private job at this time. So I want to know about the online education india so that I can do M.Com. How to take addmission and other proedure of addmission and study mateials?

20. pavi says:

I have completed 2nd year in DEEE.i want to study MBA in correspondence.can I join

21. anamika says:

sir is there any ba distance course under this university if yes then please tell me the admission date thank you

22. RIPUNJOY SAIKIA says:

Sir,I have completed graduation in 2005 having Geography & Economics in 2nd class.I want to study MA in Geography by Correspondance under G.U.Can I study sir?

23. pallabi borah says:

Sir, i want to know the sylabus for MA IN HISTORY. will you provide me the notes?

24. nabajyoti ghoshal says:

sir/mam,
    i want to admit in degree from idol.so you please tell me how can i admit in idol & what is the admission date of 2014.

25. sk sahabul rahaman says:

I want to take admission M.A IN Bengali (in distance mode)have you any study center in kolkata plz send the details.

26. Ayush Deb says:

Sir i have completed by BBA from PTU in distance can i apply for regular MBA course in Guwahati University

• as you told that you are persuing graduation from PTU open university and as i know its a UGC recognised university so you are eligible for any of the exam for which graduation is the minimum qualification..don”tworry about it.and go for the CAT..best of luck..

27. Ashim sarma says:

can i do pg diploma sales &marketing in guwahati university?????????
    contact-8811097106